I don’t know about you, but I tend to do less baking in the summer. Whenever I crave cookies, I make Energy Bites. Packed with dried fruit and nuts, they’re wonderful treats to take on a trips or hikes. I like to roll the dough in coconut flakes. Chopped pistachios or pecans would work well too. The possibilities are endless for these sweet little snacks.
Cherry Chocolate Energy Bites
Yield: 16 Bites Prep Time: 10 Minutes
1 cup raw cashews
16 pitted Medjool dates
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/8 cup dried coconut flakes
Sea salt, to taste
- In a food processor, process the cashews and a pinch of sea salt until the cashews are finely chopped.
- Add the pitted dates and dried cherries. Process until the mixture resembles dough.
- Add the chocolate chips and process once more to combine.*
- Form the dough into small balls. Roll the balls in coconut flakes or chopped nuts of your choice. Place the Energy Bites in a container and store in the refrigerator or freezer.
* If the dough is too dry, you can add cold water, one teaspoon at a time, and then process to combine.