Dear blogging family,
I hope this post finds you safe at home tonight. It was a hard day for America and New York especially. We surpassed China in the coronavirus outbreak.
Even on the saddest days, I have found that human kindness is all around us. As a social justice coordinator, I wondered how I could motivate others to help those most in need. After all, I’m relatively new to work and wasn’t exactly sure how people would react to the virus outbreak. Would they keep to themselves and focus on their families? Would they be afraid to reach out to the vulnerable? The answer is, absolutely not. I’m already seeing others identify the needs of our community, willing to donate their time and money to see that no one is left behind in assistance. What a special thing to be a part of.
It was raining when I took pictures of the brownies. Now, as I have one before dinner 😉 the sun is shining and I think I’ll go for a walk. I hope all of you get a little break from the rain in your life and see a glimpse of sunlight. As for brownies…well it can’t hurt to have one or two in order to get through the evening.
CHOCOLATE CHIP BROWNIES
Yield: 12 brownies Prep Time: 15 minutes Bake Time: 25-30 min
¾ cup brown rice flour
¾ cup gluten free all-purpose flour
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of fine sea salt
1 ½ cups maple sugar
1 cup unsweetened soy milk
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ cup extra light tasting olive oil*
Powdered sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9” square baking pan with non-stick oil.
2. Over a large bowl, sift together the brown rice flour, GF all-purpose flour, and unsweetened cocoa powder with the baking soda and baking powder. Stir in the maple sugar and a pinch of fine sea salt.
3. In a separate medium-sized bowl, mix the wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and stir until the batter is smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips
4. Pour the batter into the baking pan, and bake at 325 for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the pan completely cool on a wire rack before dusting the brownies with powdered sugar and cutting into squares.
Enjoy with a tall glass of your favorite milk.
* Make sure you use extra light tasting olive oil, not extra virgin. There’s a difference in the flavor.
1 thought on “Chocolate Chip Brownies”
It’s nice seeing you back on line blogging. I’m looking forward to trying these brownies!