If you love pumpkin, I have a feeling you’ll like this simple lasagna recipe. By using oven ready lasagna and canned pumpkin puree, it cuts prep time in half. If I’m planning ahead for guests, I also like to cover and freeze the unbaked lasagna. It can thaw overnight in the refrigerator when you are ready to cook it the next day.
Yield: 6 servings Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 55-60 minutes
1/2 pound sliced fresh baby bella mushrooms
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
Extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1 can (15 ounces) organic pumpkin
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
No-bake lasagna noodles
7 oz. Shredded Mozzarella (I used Follow Your Heart Gourmet Non-Dairy Mozzarella)
- Drizzle olive oil in a pan. Sauté the mushrooms and onions over medium heat until onions are translucent. Add the minced garlic, salt, and pepper to taste, and a little more olive oil if needed. Sauté for 3 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the pumpkin puree with the almond milk and dried sage, adding a pinch of salt and pepper as you go.
- Spray an 11-7 inch baking pan with non-stick olive oil. Spoon a little of the pumpkin sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Set ¼ cup of the cheese aside. Layer the noodles, pumpkin sauce, sautéed veggies, and cheese in the pan. Repeat the layers. Top with remaining cheese.
- Cover the lasagna with tin foil and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer until the cheese on top is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. (If using previously frozen lasagna, cook for an additional 10 minutes or until the middle of the lasagna reads 165 degrees)